[tweetmeme source=”worob” only_single=false http://www.URL.com]
Every week there’s a new headline involving a celebrity that screams damage control from the PR team. Whether it’s Tom Cruise and his infamous couch-jumping incident or being caught on camera boozing it up and cussing left and right (too many to pick just one celeb!), this happens way too often. Is it because they don’t care? Do they ignore their PR team? Is their PR team not capable of getting through to difficult celebs?
With that in mind, I think one of the broadcast networks would be wise to start a new ‘reality’ show where they put celebs through PR rehab. They’ll learn the intricacies of how to handle difficult media questions, the right/wrong ways of having a press conference, and how to say ‘no’ to bad movie roles. Ok, maybe not that last part, but they’ll walk away from rehab with much better PR IQ. And the best part of this? They won’t be learning from celebs that have learned from past mistakes. No, no, no. They’ll be guided by celebs with clean PR records!
Here’s who I propose for the inaugural season:
1. Tom Cruise – Still a mega-star, but the negative press he’s been getting for years now is taking a toll on his legacy.
2. Lindsay Lohan – She’s not a major celeb, but you can’t really have a list like this without her being on it.
4. The Olsen Twins – Now 23-years-old, these two are still “everywhere you look” … and never for good reasons.
5. Tiger Woods – Crisis communications took way too long when news first broke of his scandal back in November.
1. Sandra Bullock – Praised for the way she has handled the news of husband Jesse James cheating on her, the Oscar winner is an ideal candidate for the show.
4. Adam Sandler – Needing to add a dose of humor to this group, Sandler is the perfect mix of comedy genuis combined with a clean PR bill of health.
5. Anne Hathaway – Can you find anything bad to say about her?